Search for
Login | Username Password Forgot? | Email: | Create Account

Health / Medical / Fitness | Entries: 16 | Views: 729 | Updated: 2 hours ago | | Add to My Feeds
Report

Do you suffer from allergies? You might come to really dislike when the seasons change and there is more pollen floating around. Even if you close up your house for days, there are still allergens lurking in your home that can irritate your nasal passages.

One possible solution: Buy a humidifier instead of popping allergy medication endlessly.

Humidity is a measure of the amount of water vapor in the air at a certain moment. The level of humidity in the air plays a major factor in how allergies affect us. More humid air can help with your allergies and also can reduce the number of dust mites in the air in your home.

Dust mites produce waste like all living creatures, and they produce enzymes that can be carried in the air in your home and cause your allergies to flare.

How Dry Air Hurts Your Allergies

Dry air is not good for your allergies because it is irritating to the nasal passages and can cause a sinus infection. Dry air can make your body produce more mucus, which can be dangerous if you also have asthma.

How a Humidifier Helps

Having a good balance of humidity in the air can help keep your sinuses free of mucus. Having nasal passages that are clear means that your body will be more able to get rid of allergens that you are faced with each day.

Humidifiers also have been proven to be helpful for those who suffer from sinusitis.

Having a humidifier in the home is also good for the cold and flu season. This is especially the case if you have children and do not want to give them over the counter medications. With a good humidifier, you can have fewer runny noses, sore throats, and coughing among your little ones, and who doesn’t love that?

Using Your Humidifier Properly

If you want your humidifier to work right and last, you need to make sure it stays clean and free of bacteria. Also, keep an eye on the humidity in your home and ensure it is between 30-50%. Also, any water that you put into the unit should be clean.

If water that has sat in the reservoir starts to grow fungi and bacteria, those allergens are sent into the air the next time you turn it on, and that’s not good! An ultrasonic humidifier like the one listed below boils the water and destroys these and creates a fine, pure mist.

Our Vicks humidifier at BPIMedicalSupply.com will help to keep the air in your home moist, which can lead to a reduction in allergy symptoms. Try it today!

Joseph Pickett is a writer and editor from San Antonio TX. His website is www.josephmpickett.com

Share


More from bpimedicalsupply.com



^ Back To Top